SERVPRO Serves Both Small And Large Businesses In The Bradenton Community
If you are a business owner in Bradenton, you know that there are many risks to keep in mind. Water Damage is one of them. In cases of water damage, before looking into the kind of insurance you need, it is smart to know more about different sources of water damage and ways that you can prevent it and protect your business.
Protecting Your Small Business Against Water Damage in Bradenton, FL
It is important to know different ways that water damage can affect your business, before you look into prevention. You should be aware of the different areas of your business where the damage is likely to occur, before beginning to look for ways to reduce the risk of water damage.
First look where you have appliances in your building, such as washers, air conditioning units, dishwashers, refrigerators, and water heaters. Drains and pipes can also be a source of water damage. Examine the roof as well, looking for damage from weather that could make your building more vulnerable.
Protecting Your Business
You cannot have certainty in preventing water damage entirely, but you can minimize potential damage by utilizing the following tips:
- Prevent Plumbing Leaks. Watch out for leaks in the plumbing in the kitchen and bathroom. This may mean grouting and caulking around sinks and toilets, and replacing any missing tiles.
- Verify water Resistance. Make sure that the components of your building are made using water resistant materials, as this will prevent a great deal of damage to the interior and exterior of your building in the event of a water disaster.
- Secure Hoses. Be sure that any hose connections are secure, including those that connect two appliances in the building.
- Insulate Water Pipes. This is important to prevent exposure of the pipes to harshly cold temperatures. These pipes are typically in the garage or basement of buildings. The insulation will help prevent potential water damage by preventing cracking and freezing.
- Maintain Leak Detection Systems. It is good to have both an active system and a passive system.
- Secure Adequate Insurance. Do not allow water damage to ruin your small business. Make sure to take all of the proper precautions that you need to take in order to protect your small business and make sure that you get all of the business insurance coverage that you need to minimize risks.
Commercial Building Restoration Services in West Bradenton and Anna Maria
When it comes to commercial and residential restoration services in Bradenton, SERVPRO of West Bradenton / Anna Maria is a leader in the industry, serving this community for over 25 years.
Available 24 hours a day and seven days a week, we respond quickly to your business’s fire, water, and mold damage emergencies. No commercial project is too big, because we have access to the resources of a nationwide network of 1,700 Franchises. Call us today, 941-792-7715